New Zealand. One of the rare countries where people can live and conduct business without overly worrying about their safety. Except, that isn’t always the case. In fact, select security companies in New Zealand can be quite busy.
To be fair, international organisations and institutions do regard the country as one of the safest and most affluent in the world. For illustration, here are a few relevant facts and statistics:
- New Zealand has the fourth-largest median wealth per adult in the world.
- The country ranks 10th on the United Nations annual survey of the world’s happiest countries.
- According to the 2022 Index of Economic Freedom, New Zealand ranks fourth.
- More than 80 per cent of citizens rated their family well-being at least 7 out of 10.
- Industries that keep growing include manufacturing, electricity, goods-producing sectors, gas, water, and others.
- Foreign investment is steadily increasing, without any signs of slowing down.
In general, the citizens and residents of New Zealand enjoy a good quality of life. They experience a stable political and social system, a prosperous economy, and other exemplary living conditions. Of course, they too are impacted by the cost of living increasing due to global and geopolitical events.
Also, it would not be entirely rational to expect that the country is exempt from what high-level people, corporations, and government officials face anywhere in the West. These include things like:
- Fixated individuals and stalkers,
- Armed gangs,
- Increased organised crime,
- Environmental issues, and
- Occasional violent protests.
That is where security companies in New Zealand come to the fore. They offer risk assessment and threat mitigation measures to ensure peace of mind — as well as a perceived and real sense of safety.
Stalking: The New and Old Threat
Every year, it is estimated that thousands of New Zealanders become victims of stalkers. The problem is so pervasive that many wealthy individuals turn to security companies in New Zealand for help.
Similarly, we often equate the words “stalker” and “fan.” Yet, the latter comes from another term: fanatic. Most people have grown accustomed to calling fans everyone who loves celebrities. However, that is not what the phrase entails exclusively.
A fan is a highly enthusiastic devotee or an ardent admirer with a radical interest in another person. A stalker is one level higher.
In today’s interconnected world, it is not only company executives, politicians, and news personalities who attract fans. In fact, even low-profile, private citizens can have their own intense admirers. Of course, when we say admirers, we don’t necessarily mean they would not hurt, embarrass, or stalk their person of interest.
Furthermore, some of the most frequent examples of physical stalking include:
- Appearing at a person’s home or place of business,
- Following someone,
- Making harassing phone calls,
- Leaving written messages or objects, and
- Vandalising one’s property.
To that effect, professional protective operatives must first understand the type of threat with which they have to deal. In addition, they need to estimate the stalker’s profile and potential impacts.
So, what can security companies in New Zealand reasonably do to thwart stalking? There are a few proven methods that most protection professionals utilise:
- Changing the daily routines and routes,
- Securing the residence with access control points and CCTV cameras, and
- Installing an alarm system.
All these measures will either act as a visual deterrent to fixated individuals or make their potential assaults harder to execute.
However, the immediate, human-made physical threats are not the only ones that prominent individuals and others encounter.
The Unreported Dangers of Environmental Risks
As with Indonesia, Australia, and other countries surrounded by sea, New Zealand also faces extreme weather events. For example, August 2022 saw a severe storm sweep over the country’s North and South islands. Worth noting is that the former makes up the most remarkable tourist attraction in the region.
Therefore, foreigners and locals travelling there to spend days and weeks may be uniquely exposed to extreme weather. This is where another benefit of hiring security companies in New Zealand seems obvious. In fact, a trusted protection team will be up to date with the relevant information and assets, including:
- Weather forecasts and expert predictions,
- Traffic congestion,
- Safe places to go to in emergencies, such as hospitals and safe havens,
- Secure transportation as part of regular and contingency planning, and
- On-site medical practitioners.
More disconcertingly, New Zealand’s geography and location make it prone to natural hazards like volcanoes, earthquakes, and landslides. Most of these are difficult to predict. Still, security companies in New Zealand will utilise their local knowledge and prepare accordingly when adversity strikes.
The most damaging of all — tsunamis and earthquakes — can disrupt the lives of people in the country in many ways. From trauma and injury, to contaminated drinking-water supplies to impact on food.
For illustration, climatic events can affect people’s well-being in equally direct ways, like:
- water-borne and mosquito-borne diseases, and
- respiratory problems.
At any rate, security companies in New Zealand can provide their clients with the necessary information on how to prepare best before travel, perhaps even hire an expeditionary paramedic or doctor.
This article explored how proficient protection firms can make a difference in the lives of everyone. This includes the wealthy and prominent but also private citizens who feel they need protection from various risks, whether human-made or stemming from the environment.
For the most part, New Zealand is truly one of the most affluent countries in the world, according to all parameters. However, this does not make it immune to all safety threats that can occur anywhere else.
Finally, here are the main takeaways from this article on how to fully utilise the local knowledge of security companies in New Zealand:
- Know that fixated individuals and stalkers constitute an actual threat, especially for UHNW individuals and families and high-profile persons,
- Stay on top of the local news, weather broadcasts, other updates,
- Be aware that organised crime can present a challenge in some areas,
- Ensure seamless, safe travel from one site to another,
- Prepare for medical emergencies by engaging a firm with clear links to medical capabilities.
Companies like Panoptic Solutions support individuals and organisations in enhancing productivity and peace of mind by offering unmatched private security services.